Wednesday, February 18

Destiny 2’s Missing Roadmap Says Something Big Is Coming


It became a meme in the community that Bungie has failed to deliver a roadmap for the future of the series since it was announced last fall, but now, things are getting genuinely concerning. It doesn’t help that this is happening alongside the launch of Bungie’s Marathon extraction shooter, with it having long been a fear that Destiny 2 would be sidelined for the new game. To many it feels like that’s already happened.

By this point, it feels like something pretty big is coming to the game, and probably in a bad way.

I’ve previously reported that Destiny 2’s midseason update, Shadow and Order, will be delayed, probably by 1-2+ months, due in part to it landing in the few-day window between the end of the Marathon Server Slam and the beginning of its actual launch. But there is clearly way, way more going on past simple delays.

We got a year of the schedule that Bungie said it was switching to. Rather than four seasons of content and a big expansion, the game would get two smaller expansions and a “major update” three months after each. The first major update, Ash and Iron, actually caused players to leave the game given its quality. This next one is going to be delayed, barring some miracle.

It stands to reason that Destiny 2’s next two expansions, Shattered Cycle and The Alchemist, are being delayed as well. But pushing back a roadmap’s release for almost half a year indicates something much larger, and likely transformative, is coming.





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *